- 2019 Bolivian protests
- Two USAF airmen are killed when two planes collide at Vance Air Force Base in Enid, Oklahoma, United States. (Associated Press)
- An explosion at a fireworks factory in the town of Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto, Sicily, Italy, kills five people and injures two others. (Sky News)
- Cross-Strait relations
- 2019 Hong Kong protests
- The Hong Kong High Court denies the lift of a travel ban imposed on pro-democracy activist Joshua Wong, who was scheduled to travel to the United Kingdom to receive a human rights award from the two houses of the British Parliament. The judge cites the risk of absconding and says he can remain in the city to help restore peace. (The Independent)
- 2019 Chilean protests
- Investigations involving Benjamin Netanyahu
- 2019 Iranian fuel protests
- Nine Extinction Rebellion protesters are arrested for storming U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office. (Washington Post)
- Vanuatu backtracks on a controversial law that would have allowed immigration authorities to racially profile and closely follow people from the Middle East. (RNZ)
- 2019 Colombian protests
- Thousands of protestors take to the streets in Colombia demanding the resignation of President Iván Duque Márquez. The protests were instigated over controversial tax and labor reforms proposed by Congress, murders of indigenous leaders, and the government’s failure to implement the FARC peace deal. (Washington Post)
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.